Turmeric is a natural antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, and anthelmintic. It can decrease UV damage and help control acne because it is anti-bacterial. It’s also is known to reduce scarring and benefit conditions like eczema and rosacea.
Modern-day scientific studies have proven that its most active compound, curcumin, has many amazing health benefits. Oxidation by free radicals is linked with accelerated aging. One way to stop this is with anti-oxidants like Vitamin C and E. Turmeric is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin penetrates the cell membrane and soothes and calms the skin.
The benefits of Turmeric go way beyond its use in the kitchen as a cooking ingredient. It has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice (that gives curry its brilliant gold color) and as a powerful medicinal herb.
Applied topically, turmeric is also useful in treating skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, fungal infections and athletes foot.
External application of turmeric is beneficial for:
- Sprains and swellings.
- Improves skin health
- Fights acne-causing bacteria
- Reduces skin inflammation
- Helps with hyperpigmentation
Turmeric, arguably, the most powerful herb on the planet, can work wonders on the body and health of the skin.
- Anti-inflammatory properties soothe and heal skin
- Turmeric’s 'curcumin' protects skin from free radical damage
- Removes dead skin cells, deeply hydrates, and repairs skin tissue
- Antioxidant-rich Carrot Seed rejuvenates and restores skin’s luster
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety with a refreshing mellow citrus aroma
- Improves blotchiness and brightens for radiant, glowing skin