Ingredient Spotlight: Turmeric
Turmeric is a natural antioxidant, can decrease UV damage and help control acne because it is anti-bacterial. It’s also is known to reduce scarring and benefit conditions like eczema and rosacea.
Modern-day scientific studies have proven that its most active compound, curcumin, has many amazing health benefits. Turmeric is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin penetrates the cell membrane and soothes and calms the skin.
The benefits of Turmeric go way beyond its use in the kitchen as a cooking ingredient. It has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice (that gives curry its brilliant gold color) and as a powerful medicinal herb.
Turmeric, arguably, the most powerful herb on the planet, can work wonders on the body and health of the skin.
- Anti-inflammatory properties soothe and heal skin
- Turmeric’s 'curcumin' protects skin from free radical damage
- Removes dead skin cells, deeply hydrates, and repairs skin tissue
- Antioxidant-rich Carrot Seed rejuvenates and restores skin’s luster
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety with a refreshing mellow citrus aroma
- Improves blotchiness and brightens for radiant, glowing skin